- What we believe
- Spiritual Help
- How we serve
- Christian Aid & Relief
- Adult Discipleship
- Campus Ministry
- Christian Giving
- Congregational Counseling
- Lutheran Schools
- Military Services
- Ministerial Education
- Multi-Language Publications
- Special Ministries
- Women's Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Northwestern Publishing House
- WELS Administration
- News & Events
- Streams media
- About WELS
Come Follow Me
A gentle voice called, "Come follow me" and a man named Peter was drawn to respond.
Peter struggled in his efforts to follow Jesus. Finally, he learned to rely only on the power and promises made certain by Jesus’ death on the cross and his resurrection from the dead.
Jesus still invites you, “Come follow me.” Like Peter you can learn why that invitation is so important and wonderful!
Come Follow Me is a movie that depicts what it means to be a disciple, a follower of Jesus. The movie recounts the experience of the Apostle Peter—his misunderstanding, denial, doubts, and fears. The answer for Peter is Jesus who assures his disciple of forgiveness through his death on the cross and resurrection from the dead. The way for Peter to be a follower of Jesus is found in the power and promises of Jesus’ word. In the same way as it is for us. The movie dramatizes Peter’s progression from the denier before the crucifixion to the preacher of repentance and salvation at Pentecost. Recalling Jesus’ invitation to Peter and others to follow him and become fishers of men, the film is entitled Come Follow Me.
- The first release will contain both English and Spanish versions, as well as English closed captioning.
- Single DVDs are available from Northwestern Publishing House. Quantity orders of the DVD at a reduced price are available at www.comefollowmemovie.com.
- A Bible study and discussion guide based on the movie are available on Connect as free downloads.
- As part of the Walking Together program this fall, congregations will receive suggestions for using the movie and its supplemental materials.
A seven-part Bible study has been developed to use in conjunction with viewing the movie. Access it on Connect.
Funding for these movies comes entirely from grants and gifts. If you are interested in helping with the production of the next two movies, you may make a donation online. (please select "CAD: Outreach Movie Production" from the drop-down menu)