- What we believe
- Spiritual Help
- How we serve
- Christian Aid & Relief
- Adult Discipleship
- Campus Ministry
- Christian Giving
- Congregational Counseling
- Lutheran Schools
- Military Services
- Ministerial Education
- Multi-Language Publications
- Special Ministries
- Women's Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Northwestern Publishing House
- WELS Administration
- News & Events
- Streams media
- About WELS
Forward In Christ
God invites us all to pray to him, to ask him for whatever we want in Jesus' name.
For the last six months, Forward in Christ has been exploring Jesus' prayer life and how that connects to us. This month we start a related series that further examines what God has to say about prayer in the Bible.
As you think about your prayer life, here are a few more things to add to your prayer list:
• Pray that God blesses the Christian church as it continues the work of proclaiming the gospel message to all people.
• Pray for the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Church of Pakistan as it reaches out to a country that is less than 1 percent Christian. Also pray for the safety of Christians everywhere, especially in areas of persecution. Pray that God gives them strength and boldness to stay close to their Savior no matter what the circumstances.
• Pray for opportunities to show Christian love to those in your community and the world, always with an eye to pointing more people to Christ's perfect love for all creation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Copyrighted by WELS Forward in Christ © 2015
Permission is granted for a single personal copy of an article. Additional copyright information is available at Northwestern Publishing House.
Subscribe to FIC
This monthly magazine, sent to almost 50,000 subscribers, addresses important issues facing Christians today.
Forward in Christ goes digital
Forward in Christ magazine is now available in a digital format for your computer, smart phone, or tablet.
100 years of Forward in Christ
Did you know the official magazine of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod is turning 100 years old? Learn more about the magazine’s history and plans for the future—what’s changed and what’s stayed the same.