- What we believe
- Spiritual Help
- How we serve
- Christian Aid & Relief
- Adult Discipleship
- Campus Ministry
- Christian Giving
- Congregational Counseling
- Lutheran Schools
- Military Services
- Ministerial Education
- Multi-Language Publications
- Special Ministries
- Women's Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Northwestern Publishing House
- WELS Administration
- News & Events
- Streams media
- About WELS
Open a question by clicking on the + sign.
- Where do I find a specific form?
WELS uses Connect to provide access to all electronic forms used by synod ministries to collect information and feedback, subscribe to services, and receive requests. Access a specific form at connect.wels.net. Select "Forms" from the top menu navigation. The most popular and/or current forms are listed at the top. All forms are also divided by Category and Area of Ministry.
In addition, a form may also appear as a link to be found on a specific web page on wels.net or a connect page.
- How do I open the form?
Select "Open Form" link to open the appropriate form.
- Do I need to sign in to Connect to see a form?
Most Connect forms do not require a login, but a few do. You can see if a login is required under the "Login" column on the Forms page. If yes, you will need to use your congregation, school, or personal Connect username and password to login.
If you have not signed in before selecting a specific form, which requires to be signed in, the system will automatically prompt you for your login and password.
If you forgot your password or need a Connect account, select one of the links listed below:
> Request a Connect account
> Reset my password
- What is this "Stop" page?
Before proceeding to the actual form, a "Stop" page appears which provides important instructions before completing the form. We strongly recommend reading these instructions and helpful hints before proceeding to the form link, which is at the bottom of the page.
- The "Submit" button is not highlighted.
All grey fields and marked with a red asterisk are required fields. If a required field is not filled in, the "Submit" button will not be highlighted to select.
- Will I be able to complete a form in a browser other than Internet Explorer (IE)?
Internet Explorer is the preferred browser when completing Connect forms, but you can use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari but some issues may arise. Please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com if you experience any issues.
Also it is recommended to use a high speed internet connection.
- How long can I keep the form open before submitting?
Your internet session will timeout after two hours. If you have not saved your work, it will be lost. Some longer forms have an option to "Save for Later." It is highly recommended that you select the "Save for Later" option if you know you cannot complete the form within two hours.
- Why did I get the "Fix Payment Info" button?
There are several reasons you may get the "Fix Payment Info" button:
- Credit card number entered incorrectly.
- Three or four digit security code entered incorrectly.
- Name entered does not match with what the bank/credit card company has on file.
- Billing address entered does not match with what the bank/credit card company has on file.
- Will I receive a confirmation screen or e-mail?
After a successful form submission, you will see a confirmation screen. Most forms also have a confirmation e-mail sent to your e-mail address, which you can print as your receipt.
If you do not see a "successful" confirmation screen or receive a confirmation e-mail, your form was not submitted.
- What if I receive an error message and I’m unsure what to do?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them, if possible, with the following information:
- The text of the error message.
- What browser are you using (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox)?
- What field caused the error message?
- How long did you have the form open in your browser window?
- Any other information that you can provide.
Wondering what the Bible has to say about life's big questions? Check out the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions and browse the Q&A archive.
Looking for resources to help you with your ministry? They are now housed on Connect, WELS' Intranet for called workers and congregational leaders.
Need images for your presentation, Web site, or brochure? Download royalty-free photos donated by WELS members. Categories include nature, family, cultural, religious, and more.
Really Simple Syndication is a great way to push or pull information. Find out how and what WELS RSS feeds are available for you to subscribe or to publish on your web site. It's all free, and its simple.