- What we believe
- Spiritual Help
- How we serve
- Christian Aid & Relief
- Adult Discipleship
- Campus Ministry
- Christian Giving
- Congregational Counseling
- Lutheran Schools
- Military Services
- Ministerial Education
- Multi-Language Publications
- Special Ministries
- Women's Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Northwestern Publishing House
- WELS Administration
- News & Events
- Streams media
- About WELS
WELS Mobile Applications
Currently the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) offers one mobile application called WELS Mobile. WELS Mobile gathers much of the devotional and educational audio, video and text content from WELS.net in an easy to use application. Two of the popular devotional feeds are available in audio and text format -- the WELS Today's Devotion and Through the Bible in 3 Years series. Making both a part of your routine will provide daily encouragement and inspiration. The latest WELS videos, including the WELS Connection can also be viewed.
You can install WELS Mobile by clicking the appropriate icon below for your particular device, or simply search for "WELS Mobile in your favorite app store. The latest release is currently available on iOS, Android, and Amazon.
Complete Content Listing
- Today's Devotions (audio, text): A short devotion delivered each weekday based on a part of God's Word to inspire, encourage and inform
- Through the Bible in 3 Years (audio, text): A Bible reading divided into smaller sections across a 3 year schedule
- WELSTech Podcast (audio, video, show notes): A weekly show featuring tech news, tips and conversation related to ministry
- WELS Radio (audio): Five channels of music from WELS musicians including Seasonal, Contemporary, Instrumental, Traditional, and Children.
- Military Devotions (audio): Weekly devotions developed specifically for our servicemen and women
- Q & A (text): A popular feature of WELS.net that takes faith-related questions and provides answers based on Scripture
- WELS Connection and other short videos (video): The monthly news show highlighting work being done in the WELS and by WELS members
- Together Newsletter (text): The bi-monthly information newsletter of the WELS
- WELS Call Report (text): The bi-monthly reporting of pastor, teacher and staff minister calls received, accepted and returned.
- Forward In Christ Articles (text): Articles from previous issues of the official WELS magazine featuring devotional and education topics.
- WELS Blogs (text): Various authors from around WELS write about topics including missions, technology, aid & relief, as well as one for Spanish speakers.
In addition, most content can be shared via popular social networks like Twitter, and Facebook, as well as via email and SMS. Location services are now included. You can find a WELS or ELS church with the app based on your current location or by searching a city and state or zipcode. An online version of the WELS Yearbook is also available.
Application Name: WELS Mobile
Platforms: Web, iOS, Android, Amazon
Current Version: 2.0.0
Current Revision Date: 12/12/2014
- Version 1.0.0
- Initial release
- Version 1.0.1
- Added Together Newsletter View
- Added WELS Call Report View
- Version 1.0.2
- Added WELS Radio
- Social Network views (Facebook, Twitter)
- iPad Version
- New Interface Design
- Version 1.0.3
- Web version released
- Location services added
- Social sharing
- Version 1.1.0
- Fixed issue with inconsistent display of new feeds
- Added "current" and "archive" tab interface for popular content like Devotions and Bible readings.
- Added ability to search for churches by zipcode
- Added WELS Annual Report
- Version 2.0.0
- Entire application rewrite to create more stable operation
- New graphics, navigation and interface design
- Allow in app playback of audio and video
- Added WELS Yearbook
Initial Release Date: 05/16/2011
Organization: Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
Developer: Martin Spriggs
Technical Support: email@example.com
Available versions include iOS, Android and Kindle Fire.
This podcast exists to explore the use of technology to further the spread of the gospel. Episodes are released each Wednesday.