- What we believe
- Spiritual Help
- How we serve
- Christian Aid & Relief
- Adult Discipleship
- Campus Ministry
- Christian Giving
- Congregational Counseling
- Lutheran Schools
- Military Services
- Ministerial Education
- Multi-Language Publications
- Special Ministries
- Women's Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Northwestern Publishing House
- WELS Administration
- News & Events
- Streams media
- About WELS
2014 National Worship Conference
The seventh triennial worship conference will be held July 22-25, 2014 at Carthage College in Kenosha, Wis. This will be the fourth time the conference will be held at Carthage, the first time since 2002. The WELS Worship Conference is the largest Lutheran worship conference in North America.
The conference is designed not only for congregational worship leaders, but anyone interested in the various aspects of worship. It will feature sessions on music, architecture, visual art, and liturgy and preaching.
Opportunities at the conference include:
- 50+ presentations
- Concerts and recitals
- Plenary address: "Compelling Worship," by Pastor Jon Hein, Director of the Commission on Congregational Counseling
- 125 voice Festival Choir (with full orchestra) directed by James Nowack and Katherine Tiefel
- 100 voice high school Honor Choir (with full orchestra) directed by Jon Laabs
- 70 voice children’s choir directed by Kurt Cereske (grades 4-8 with unchanged voices)
The worship conference is an excellent opportunity for inspiration and professional growth. Congregations are encouraged to set aside funds in their budgetary planning so that key people are able to attend.
Registration options and rates:
- On-campus: air conditioned dorm room - $380
- On-campus: standard dorm room, no AC - $345
- Off-campus: commuters - $270
- Full-time student rates (for those who will graduate in 2014) are approximately half price.
On-campus registration includes all meals, Tuesday dinner through Friday lunch. Off-campus registration includes these meals, except for breakfasts.
A limited number of air conditioned dorm rooms will be available to those who register early. Since the campus is right on Lake Michigan, evenings tend to cool down nicely.
Applications for the three choirs are now available.
ART EXHIBIT: A juried exhibit of work from WELS and ELS visual artists will be shown at the 2014 WELS National Conference on Worship, Music, and the Arts. Exhibited work will be judged by a panel and awards will be given. Read the guidelines and registration form.
Check out the conference brochure for more information.
A limited number of grants are available to congregations that meet certain criteria.
Highlights from past worship conferences are available on Connect.
View the 2011 conference photos on Flickr.